Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Inconvenient Truth about research

I AM NO LONGER MAINTAINING THIS BLOG AND MOST OF THE ENTRIES HAVE BEEN DELETED. MY RESEARCH AND METHODS ARE VERY IMPORTANT AND CONFIDENTIAL. UNLESS PUBLISHED AND CONTACTED PERSONALLY, I WOULD LIKE TO DISCOURAGE TALKING ABOUT MY WORK. MY EMAIL IS
jbdundas@gmail.com and Web Page
is on this link

I would like to inform you some important aspects of my profile which you may not find in my application or anywhere. However, I strongly believe that these points play an important role in the research work that one does and also in the building of a person's personality as well as character.
I am a very honest person and I have done all my work independently with minimum supervision. I continue to do so at present in the same manner. I have had to work extra hard for the little success that I have had till now, but I stand by my principles and integrity, which play an important role in a researcher's career.

I hope you will look at my blog and appreciate the boldness and originality of my thoughts, something that esteemed professors and experts look for in applicants.

1) This has happened and also come in papers for one of the sister institutions. university question papers were leaked ( Sorry I cannot reveal the names to anynomous people). I saw question papers and answer sheets being exchanged in my room. I felt very dissapointed and dejected. I had taken an education loan (which was dependent on my performance each semester) for persuing this degree, and worked very hard for my studies. Still, I decided to do the right thing and didnt copy a single word. I could easily have copied and got better marks, but that would be unethical and cheating myself as well as other students who might have sincerely studied for their exams. I DID THE RIGHT THING THE RIGHT WAY AND WROTE ALL THE EXAMS HONSELTY. I STOOD IN TOP 5 STUDENTS EVEN AFTER SUCH EVENTS CONSISTENTLY. THIS WAS NOT EASY AS I COULD HAVE ACCESS TO THE QUESTION PAPERS 1 DAY BEFORE THE EXAMS. I SAID NO TO THIS AND MADE MY CHOICE. THE TOPPER HAS 66.67% WHILE I HAVE 65.04% EVEN IN THIS CONDITION.

I am confident that my hard work, ab initio efforts and original thinking will surely help you judge me on my merits.

2) Some of the people in one of the organizations that I worked ( I cannot mention the names and ranks) are involved in unethical and wrong things in their work. This place is regarded as one of the best engineering institutions in India(look at my Cv and this should answer the question). I have seen myself some get involved in low level of standard research practices like copying the methods of other researchers, cooking up data and even students copy-paste the research paper content in their work. I have seen data being collected about meritious students and then their actions and thinking being interpreted from this data. Unfortnatedly, this was a place where I wanted to do my B.Eng. in my high school days. This place was like a dream and all this just broke my heart. I tried getting out of this institution as such actions from eminent people does not suit the image that they potray on their websites.

Again, I have always done the right thing. I am originial in my work. I have initiated independent projects and published them honestly on my own.

It is very difficult and disheartening to see such things, but again I am happy that I stood for the right things in my work. I learn the art of research on my own and have done all things from scratch without any guidance. I continue to do so and hope you will give me an opportunity to persue my doctoral work under your guidance.

I hope you all do not get involved in such things after reading this blog. If you do and are an indian citizen, then you have just brought the level of research to a new low. People in this instituion talk about competing with the best brain in R & D such as China and US. Well, if you do such pathetic things, please do not expect people like me to work in such places. Now you know why the best is the best.

I will not entertain any discussions on this topic as that could affect the careers of some of my friends. This is about me and my work and science.

Sorry for being so rude, but facts dont change based on popular notion.

I am always open to suggestions and new research articles. Drop me an email with the details and we could discuss a lot. :)

4 comments:

sagar said...

hi jitesh.....
Nice seeing your mirror image on your blog....keep it up all the best...
Always welcom for any small help .....

salin said...

hi sir nice thoughts plz keep it up for our help n guide
shalin tripathi
b.tech+m.tech bio-tech

Kanchanadevi said...

hi
it's good profile
and good thoughts too
keep it up

mail me if u r in need any help

Shashidhar said...

Hi Jitesh,

Where are you and what's going on?

Shashidhar
pandeyshashidhar@gmail.com